Thursday 24 April 2014

DAY 208: Vuelvo a Madrid

Back in Madrid and it´s raining....it was sunnier in Edinburgh!

So it´s actually been a fairly dramatic week at work. Marta, one of the girls on my team, appeared on Tuesday 2 hours late in her jeans and suddenly announced she had quit PwC (as of that day). She didn´t give any reasons for it and hadn´t informed the boss or human resources or anyone, she literally just gave no notice and said she had just come in to collect her stuff. Now, I´ve known for a while that she never really got on with the other girls on the team, but was shocked that as she walked away, no one even hugged her goodbye. Confused and assuming I hadn´t understood the Spanish correctly, I went after Marta to ask what was happening and she just repeated that she was leaving and that she would be back at 1pm to tell the boss and that then she would explain to me. About half an hour later, Mabel came in, unaware of this news and her reaction was literally "well Marta is fucked up in the head"....really a bit harsh Mabel...don´t really like that, love. Anyway, Marta didn´t return and so I messaged her to ask what was up. About 6 hours later she replied "I am moving on to a better life and my despedida (farewell party) is on Thursday. I hope to see you there". In addition to this, she didn´t invite anyone else in the department. I´ve always thought that some of the girls at work could be a bit bitchy, but since then it´s really been taken to an extreme...bitch bitch bitch bitch.

So that was that and I felt I bit bad that just that morning I was considering leaving the job slightly early....however, despite my boredom here at work, literally have fuck all to do these days, I think I will now stay on - 6 weeks isn´t long!

It is nice to be back but coming back to an apartment by yourself can be a bit hard and so far this week I´ve not really done much. A lot of tv has been watched and I´ve been crying away at both Made In Chelsea (poor Binky) and Eastenders....I really am far too emotional :P.

Anyway, this weekend will be fun as my friend Izzy from uni is visiting me, and I´ve got to get my "tourist cap" on.....San Bernebeu.....Retiro Park....The Palace........let´s hope the sun comes out again! Then next weekend, well actually as of Thursday as Spain is giving us yet another holiday, I am off up to the north of Spain with Liz for a wee "break" (yes, both of us already need a break!). As to do it as cheap as possible, we have found a random person on the internet who is driving up there and who we are effectively just going to hop in a car with. Probably not something my mother would approve of but with the two of us I´m sure we´ll be fine!

Hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment