Friday 25 April 2014

DAY 209: La drama sigue...

So the drama continues...

As mentioned the other day, Marta left and everyone was shocked. Yesterday then, Mabel pulled me to the side and just started crying into my arms. Apparently Marta had bad-mouthed her in a 3 page essay to Human Resourses when she left, telling them that she was a terrible boss and horrible to her and a lot more. She had told our big boss, Marta Colomina, that Mabel badmouthed her all the time and was trying to get her job, and then she told some of Mabel´s closest friends at work that Mabel was fake and wasn´t the person everyone thought she was. I was completely shocked. As everyone should know by now, I love Mabel. To me, she has been a great boss - she is friendly and supportive and clear and very professional in her manner with everyone. You can also see just how much she gets on with everyone throughout the office. I was aware that there maybe was a bitchy vibe in our team of 8 women with some of the girls, as Marta didn´t really get on with them that well, however, it´s not something that I have ever experienced with them and I haven´t witnessed anything outright horrible, especially from Mabel. We all sit together and I have not once witnessed a horrible attitude from Mabel towards Marta. Because of this, now Human Resources are looking into it all and scanning emails exchanged between Mabel and Marta and other people to see if there is any written evidence and we are all getting questioned on how Mabel is as a boss. Meanwhile....Marta was messaging me telling me not to believe anything I hear from Mabel. Christ. 

Since all that, there has been sooooo so much bitching in the office and I came home shocked that 30 year old women were acting this way. Not impressed. However, it is quite interesting and dramatic. There´s also this thing going about that Marta has had another job for about 2 months and when she was off ill before Easter she was actually working there. No notice given to anyone at our company or anything. Crikey.

Today, the bitchiness seems to have died down, but the story of today was a false fire drill where all the lifts stopped working. We were told after 40 minutes waiting outside in the cold, and wind which was basically just smelled of people smoking, because I´m not kidding, EVERYONE seems to smoke in Spain, that we would have to take the stairs back up to our floor. Now, we work in a tower with 50 floors and mine is number 47 so I wasn´t best pleased with this seeing how unfit I am. Luckily, LUCKILY, the lifts started working again, so now I am back to being the fat ass that I always am!

Noelia, the newish girl, who I wasn´t too keen on before, has also started being nicer to me. I think it´s because she has just started this new project with Alumni that I usually work on with Marta and so I have to teach her everything. She said to me today "Sarah what am I going to do when you leave?! I can´t do this without you!" Well well well look at that....I´m very pleased indeed. Everyone is going to miss the slaw :P

No comments:

Post a Comment