Monday 2 June 2014

DAY 227: Los Viajes

I´ve been lucky enough to do quite a bit of travelling whilst I have been out in Spain, so here are my highlights:

1. Valencia (Take 1) - Arriving in Valencia at 2.30am, drunk after a good few litres of drinking homemade mojitos from plastic coffee cups with straws, hailing a cab at 3.30am telling them to "take us to the best club" was pretty cool. There we arrived, an open air dancefloor and an inside full of white sofas with sexy dancers and everyone wearing masks for Carnival. I ended the night (or should I say morning...8am...) being pushed back to the hostel by Andrew in a shopping trolley. Good laugh.

2. Lisbon - I fell in love with that city, it is gorgeous! So unique and so colourful and so different from Spain. We stayed in an awesome hostel called "HOME" which was really just like a home. And of course there was "Mamma´s dinner", a feast of traditional Portuguese food done on the cheap with a toast to this old woman "Mamma" at the end, each with a shot glass of port.

3. Salamanca - A day trip. Arriving at midday and leaving at 3am. A big group of us friends altogther. A very hot tour guide. A few handfuls of shots from the famous shots bars there including a "mamada" involving no hands and lots of whipped cream. The first time I have asked for a blow job at a bar. (Mamada means blow job....didn´t actually give someone a blow job, I´ll just point out).

4. Valencia (Take 2) - Another day trip. "LADS" trip. An all day boozer of beer, wine, sangria, vodka, gin, more beer whilst watching fireworks and running away from fire crackers. I made up a story to some American twat that I was with child, married to a man called Abdul and had had another child at 13. The imbesile belived me. 

5. Toledo - Pretty pretty Toledo! Definitely worth a visit if you live in Madrid. It is the old capital of Spain, even though it is very small. We got to see the start of a Spanish wedding and we gorged on marzipan as that is what Toledo is famous for. Seriously, they have marzipan EVERYTHING. 

6. Barcelona - Fantastic Bank Holiday weekend. There´s so much to do in Barcelona, both cultured and not. I had some good friends living there which is always nice. It was sunny (I of course burnt on the beach). I went to a "magic fountain" show - sounds lame but was freaking awesome. I ate lots of food. Caught up with friends. Saw the impressive Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Had an amazing brunch (yes that is going on the list). I LOVED Barcelona. So different to Madrid.

Travelling is a great experience. You meet so many people. You see how different places, even in the same country are. Everyone should do some travelling. You learn a lot and have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment