Tuesday 7 January 2014

DAY 101: Hola Madrid

Well first day back at work and I´ve already made a mistake. To be fair it wasn´t my fault - I was told to do something by someone which turned out to be wrong and then it messed up something for someone else and things have gone out to clients and so on...basically, it´s a pretty big shitty mistake. However, NOT MY FAULT so I am just going to move on from it...oopsies. It is quite nice being back though - getting all dressed up in my fancy work clothes, fannying around on a laptop and seeing all the girls again. Oh and of course there´s Mabel, beautiful Mabel. She comes over to my desk, looking gorgeous as per usual,  new highlights in her hair and gives me a massive hug and tells me how beautiful I am and hugs me again and asks me about Christmas - I just love her. I´m like ´babe, I´m not beautiful, you are´and it goes on like that, mwah mwah mwah, la la la, etc. 

Everything was closed yesterday when I arrived back as it was sort of like the Spanish Christmas Day where they celebrate the Three Kings coming (kind of instead of Santa). There were hardly any cars around and the streets were filled with leftover fireworks and sweet wrappers etc, however, of course, my wee 24 hour shop around the corner was open, just to save the day as I had zero food in the flat and was starving. 

It didn´t even feel that weird coming back, it just felt normal, like arriving back to where I lived - sounds really weird but I had expected it to feel a bit strange. I had forgotten that Spain has a smell. This isn´t just Madrid, I swear it just has this smell about it of hotter air and tapas. Again, sounds weird. I am weird. I didn´t get to sleep for ages last night, blaming it on my one hour time difference but yanno, I think I was just buzzing/was getting worked up about a certain person who pisses me off and couldn´t put my mind at rest. 

So apart from this fuck-up at work, of which was passing my time quite well, I´m back to doing nada - writing a blog, which I´m kind of bored of now and facebook stalking. Hola España. 

No comments:

Post a Comment