Thursday 23 January 2014

DAY 117: El Cumpleaños

Well nightmare this morning having the top come off my water bottle on the way to work and soaking every single item in my brand new Michael Kors handbag. Shit times. At least it´s only water and so the bag isn´t ruined but my phone charger I doubt is going to work. Dammit. 

So had my birthday night out last week and well it was probably one of the most drunken night´s in Madrid I´ve had so far, however, I did manage to stay out til 7am! Sent away from the door at first to go and ´sober up´, we went to McDonald´s round the corner, where I ate three measly chips and staggered around calling people outside. Eventually I was let in though and continued to drink telling every single person in the club that it was in fact my birthday. Every single DJ hated me and the Kareoke guy wouldn´t let me sing, probably because I kept trying to smoke inside, but hey, I had fun...from what I remember. 

The next day was a complete right off - see that´s what happens in your old age of 21, hangovers just get worse and worse. I couldn´t even make it to the shop next door so I had to make do with some horrible pasta I had tried...frying?!...when I had got home the night before. I was even tired the day after but did manage to get myself out of bed and walk round Madrid the whole day with a girl I met through my friend Jo, also called Sarah. 

There´s a new girl at work, but unlike the last one, she´s actually lovely! She´s German and 18 and I´ve loserishly taken on the role of her sort of ´mentor´being like "ahh yes I was the same when I first I arrived...I remember this...I remember that.." She´s probably thinking, "Sarah, please shut the fuck up, you´re not cool." But oh well. 

Luckily Mabel is back so things are a bit better. Her birthday was the day before mine and I gave her a wee tartan scarf from Scotland which she seems to really like. She goes to me "Sarah we´re like twins with our Scottish clothes and almost matching birthdays" and I´m like " I wish Mabel, I wish". The girl crush is never ending...

Emma and I went to a Scottish bar last night, literally just named "Scottish Pub" - how original. However, as we went in, expecting to find irn bru and haggis (a girl can dream right?) we realised that it was just a very typical Spanish bar and we and an old Spanish man were it´s only customers. Beginning the night chatting all girl talk - mostly boys and tinder - the bar man then decided to quiz us on our opinions on Scotland´s independence and other political things and the Royal family. It was fun though and by the end of the night he was telling us to go out there and have fun and have some flings with Spanish boys.

Off to Salamanca this weekend with some friends, which will hopefully be better than last time I was there, with my horrific school exchange, who never smiled and was just an incredibly awkward person. Also going to get my nose pierced today...feeling a bit scared and worried it will get infected and give me some sort of disgusting looking witch´s wart on my nose but fingers crossed it´s ok! 

No comments:

Post a Comment