Friday 10 January 2014

DAY 104: Santiago Bernabeu

So I´m not the biggest football fanatic, or the biggest sports fanatic in general, but it was time to hit up Santiago Bernabeu and go and see a Real Madrid match and I have to say, I loved it! The streets around the stadium were filled with people (mostly men) drinking beer and throwing fire-crackers (terrifying) and it was pretty clear that not only were we representing some of the only girls but we were also evidently British. In the stadium we were taking so many photos, befriending a random Spanish boy so we could pose with his flag and everyone was laughing at us, but oh well, in the modern day of Instagram, it needed to happen! So with little knowledge of what actually goes on at a football match, it started and I asked Sanderson (an avid football fan) why one of the players was just wearing all black. "That would be the referee Sarah...."....so yeah, great start! Anyway, after cheering my way through the match, catching up with mis amigas and screaming for beautiful Ronaldo, I said at the end "I really want to go to an Atletico match now!"....maybe it´s time that I finally get into football.

Mabel is off work at the moment and so is the girl down from her, so with no boss around you can imagine how even more relaxed and more unorganised the office is. Mabel is always quite good at explaining to me exactly what I need to do but yesterday I had someone explain to me a task which made no sense at all. I mean, the task made sense and was pretty straight forward as I´ve done it before, but this girl took a good 45 minutes to explain to me how to do something putting in some really irrelevant things and just complicating the matter. Really, I should just run this place!

I want to get a dog whilst I´m here and have actually been told I was allowed to by my mum (which was a real shock). It would give me some company and I could take it home with me afterwards, just perfect! However, let´s be honest, that´s just not going to happen...and what would I do with it at weekends I´m away. I do just miss my doggy back home so much :(

Off out tonight but trying to keep my new year´s resolution to drink less and a few other things with friends planned for the weekend. It´s not too hard a life eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment